Partnerships and collaborations are fundamental to achieve our mission. Key collaborations and partnerships are described below.
World Health Organization Regional Offices
NESI has held a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa (WHO/AFRO) since 2004. In the context of this MoU, NESI and WHO/AFRO collaborate on a variety of training and education initiatives, including Mid-Level Manager (MLM) trainings, vaccinology courses, and the development of training materials.
NESI has also worked with the World Health Organization Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean (WHO/EMRO) through a joint plan of action.
Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance
At the 10th Gavi Board Meeting in 2003, Gavi made a formal endorsement of NESI’s activities.
Collaboration agreements have been established with:
- SAVIC (South African Vaccination & Immunisation Centre at the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, South Africa) since 2012
- SOMIPEV (Société Marocaine d’Infectiologie Pédiatrique et de Vaccinologie, Morocco) since 2013
- UNPAD (University of Padjadjaran, Indonesia) since 2014
- ECAVI (East Africa Centre for Vaccines and Immunization, Uganda) since 2019
NESI also maintains active collaborations with a number of additional universities and non-profit organisations. These include the following:
- South African Medical Research Council (SA-MRC), South Africa
- University of Cape Town (UCT) – Vaccines for Africa (VACFA), South Africa
- University of the Free State, South Africa
- University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Kenya Medical Training College, Kenya
- East Africa Centre for Vaccines and Immunization (ECAVI), Kenya
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- University Cheikh Anta Diop, Senegal
- Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ), Zambia
Eastern Mediterranean Region:
- University of Jordan, Jordan
- Eastern Mediterranean Public Health Network (EMPHNET) - Global Health Development (GHD), Jordan
- University of Marrakech Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
- Institute of Tropical Medicine and International Health, Germany
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, United Kingdom